Thursday, July 21, 2011

Why?

I ask this A LOT. Why did they do that? Why did he say that? Why (fill in the blank)? It seems like a never ending cycle of why. Today was just one of those days. I asked why a lot...for good things and for not so good things, why? I'm wrestling with this more and more recently. Why would God put "me and mine" through these situations, dilemmas, heartaches and pains? It's a question I think everyone faces at some point. Whether you believe in God or not, I'm sure you have asked why.
I wish I could sit here and answer that question. I wish I had some magic answer that would make me and those I cherish (heck, everyone...) understand or feel some sense of relief, but I don't. All I know is that today I have to face today. Tomorrow I will face tomorrow and all of it's why's then. Today the why questions are abundant. I guess all I can say is a simple prayer:
"Jesus, I am thankful and grateful that when I say why, You say, 'It's in My hands. I know the plans I have for you and they are to prosper you and give you hope and a future.' " Think about that as you say why today. I wish this verse had a follow up verse that said something like, "And all you need to do is 1.2.3, a.b.c." Wouldn't that be nice? BUT, that's not faith. That's not trusting in the One who promises hope and a future. Today, the why's are heavy and numerous, but resting in the idea that I don't have to know the answers because my God does, makes it okay...today anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment