Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My girls.....

I bet you thought I was going to talk about boobs, huh?????? LOL, nope!!!!
Instead I want to discuss my girls, the ladies in my world, the women I call friends, sisters...

A tribute to the women in my life:
who know exactly what to and not to say to me.
who understand when I cry it might not be about a physical pain.
who believe me when I say something.
who catch me when I am falling.....into something, away from something, or toward something.
who pick me up when I slip, fall or spiral.
who love me even in my glasses and sweat pants!
who challenge me.
who love my child as much as I do.
who will tell me exactly what I need to hear even when I want to slap them for saying it.

You know who you are and I want to acknowledge you. The past 2 years have been a roller coaster and much of it has been painful and full of heartache. It didn't matter. You were there; to talk to, to wipe tears away, to pray with, to shop with, to breathe with. You were there. We have said it to one another many times, but without you I could not have made it through. I want to say it once more. Without you, without your words, without your prayers, without your kind hearts, without your love, I would not have made it through. I will not make it through.
And so, I raise my sippy cup full of red wine and toast you....my girls.
I love you!

1 comment: