Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sisters, hmmmm.....

I spent this weekend spending time with my sister, a lot of time. She is home from college for the summer and I spent the weekend with her at her house. As I "look forward" (sense the tone....mind you, this could have a lot to do with having only one cup of coffee in me so far....) to the next adult decision I need to make, I look at her. She is a 20-something and has the "normal" decisions to make in life. Do I want a grande or venti at Starbucks? Do I buy this shirt or that one? But as I watched her this weekend I noticed something about her. She is a determined, dedicated and amazingly beautiful young woman. I watched her have a girls night with her girlfriends. I watched her make dinner for Ethan and I. I watched her make sure that our grandfather, who is 81 and has health issues, was not only comfortable, but had everything and anything he needed. I watched and watched as she made decisions, as I have for the 20 years she has been around (I can't seem to shake her...).
Erin, I am proud to call you sister. I am happy to call you friend. I am excited to see where our God will take you.
You are loved beyond words and life without you would be boring and dull, albeit quieter.... :)
I wouldn't trade you for anything (I will interject here an apology to the times when we were younger that I actually tried to trade you in).
I love you sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment