Sunday, July 24, 2011

10 Random thoughts from a sleep deprived mom

1. When the ONE thing you look forward to during the week is The Bachelorette and a glass of wine, you know you need a vaca! Badly!
2. As time goes on, I get less worried about having flat abs and more worried about the fact that I have a "flat" wallet.
3. It's 8:32pm, my son has been crying for exactly 17 minutes and is not asleep. I'm not worried or anxious, I'm just annoyed.
4. Doesn't the idea of a spray tan sound better than having to find the 17 hours a week you need to get the same effect?
5. When did listening to mix CD's become old? Now everyone has their iPod and has left me in the dust!
6. I L-O-V-E clean, fresh sheets. But, when that means that I have to do an extra load of laundry and it's already 10pm, I'll just take the mildly refreshing scent of my shampoo from that morning and call it good.
7. I check facebook like I'm in high school. Did they accept my friend request, I ask myself, anxiously awaiting to see if the little red comment box at the top of the page appears.
8. The contents of my purse currently include 42 pens (because I NEVER have one when I need one), 2 pacifiers, 1 coupon for $1 off a bottle of pinot noir, and 3 suckers (so that when I am at the store utilizing my coupon, my kid wont make a scene).
9. The last full book I read was Goodnight Moon. I'm not even sad about that. This is a good read!
10. I swore that when I became a mom I would never do certain things. I ate my words this week when I went to the store. Me: no makeup, hair up, sports bra, sweats and a tank top. Son: Wet diaper, old t shirt covered with eggs, syrup, juice from the grapes he ate, dried lemonade, and a sucker in his hand that had been dropped in his car seat and had a gold fish stuck to it. Note: no shoes, no shorts on son. The crazy thing is....I was in and out of that store in less than 10 minutes and I thought I ROCKED!!!!!
Just some random thoughts from and for those of us who know life is way to complicated sometimes!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment