Friday, May 18, 2012

I love my job!

Ok, so there are a lot of people that go to work and simply tolerate it. They show up, do their work and go home. So do I. But, I really like what I do. I graduated with a degree in Business Administration, emphasis in marketing. I really like numbers and looooved my accounting classes, so I wanted to make my emphasis something that I could be challenged in. I was...and I loved it. But, after graduating I was presented with an opportunity to work more in the administrative field. If you know me, you know my obsession with organization. I love to be organized. My motto is: an organized home is a happy home! It's not just an obsession for me, it's a way of life! LOL!
The job started out as being admin, but then morphed into a LOT of other things. I have my hands in management, accounting, admin, organization, sales (outside and inside), and even some marketing!!
My college professors really stressed the importance of industry and making sure that wherever you end up, you end up in the industry you like/love. I took them seriously, but then realized how much I disagreed. I'm not sure it's about the industry at all. I work for a company that provides franchise opportunities to people in the commercial cleaning industry. NOT glamorous. NOT exciting. NOT what I thought of first when I thought of industry. BUT, as I started working I learned how much I liked the JOB and stopped caring about the industry. I love getting involved in all aspects of this office. I love what I do.
I was talking with my mom about this just yesterday. Her point was not that it's the cleaning industry, because it's not. It's a business that gives people an opportunity to be their own boss, to create their own schedule, to make money, to own their very own business, to live a dream. We provide opportunities to people that many other "jobs" cannot...and THAT'S exciting.
All that to say, I love what I do and am so grateful to earn paycheck doing the things I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment