Friday, May 11, 2012

Ethan William Spencer ~ Great Adventurer

I thought I'd take a moment to talk about my little boy, it being Mother's Day and all.
Ethan is, well, he is pretty special.
His name means Strong Protector. His father and I decided before he was even born that we wanted his middle name to be William. When I researched what it meant, I was so pleased. When we finally landed on Ethan and put the two names together, it was perfect.
This little boy stole my heart the second he was born. When Ethan was born, he had a severe amount of mecconium in his lungs. It was a life threatening amount that placed him in the NICU for 5 weeks (5 weeks too long if you ask me). I didn't even get to touch him, let alone hold him, for the first week of his fragile life.
From the moment he came home, he was moving. He is always on the go and never slows. You read that right, NEVER SLOWS! This little man is non-stop.
He is a strong willed, ALL boy, handsome little one. As little boys go, he may be the cutest.
He loves pretending to have conversations with toys, splashing in the bathtub like it's a pool, blowing bubbles with his grandpa, eating strawberries, taking walks through the neighborhood and swinging on swings like batman!
He loves going to the zoo and looking at the animals. In fact, I think he believes if he yells loud enough the animals will notice him and "talk" back.
The first 3 years of his life has been a bit of a roller coaster, but he is so well adjusted, I am amazed every time I look at him. Ethan is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I wouldn't trade one moment with him.

Dear Ethan,
As I look at you every day, I am amazed and blessed to have you in my life. I am lucky to call you my son. You show me every day what true, unconditional love is.
Your name means strong protector.
My prayer for you is that you will be strong. Strong in stature, strong in faith, strong in your beliefs.
My prayer for you is that you will be a protector. A protector of your values, of others, of your faith.
You are going to do amazing things in this world and I am so blessed to be the one that gets a front row seat. God has plans for you that even I cannot imagine. You are so loved and I am so proud of you.
I will always be your biggest cheerleader, even if you get embarrassed from time to time.
I will always be your biggest supporter, even if there is no one else in our corner.
I will walk with you when you need a friend.
I will carry when you need to be carried.
I love you.
~Mom

1 comment: