Thursday, April 26, 2012

Stuck between a rock and a hard place

Have you ever thought that the world would be a better place if everyone just thought they way you did? I thought this yesterday...a lot. Some people baffle me. I cannot understand why they do what they do! It's hard when those people make choices that affect you. You have no control over how they think, process or react and yet, sometimes, you are stuck with the outcome. Let's face it: being stuck, sucks!
The nice thing is that we really do have a choice. We can either roll over and accept whatever it is these others do or say or we can choose to not allow another persons choices/words/actions dictate OUR outcome. This is hard. I cannot tell you how many times I have faced another persons choices affecting my world. It's hard. But, I can choose to not let it affect me. I can choose to control my own outcome.
Yesterday was a hard day. I faced another person's choices directly affecting my family. It was a hard place. I felt stuck. But as the sun rose and my thoughts cleared, it became obvious that they cannot control MY outcome, only I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment