Friday, July 6, 2012

When tragedy hits us...

So many of us have been hit by some sort of tragedy. Each of us has a different story. A loss of a child, a loss of a marriage, a loss of trust. Usually tragedy walks hand in hand with the loss of something. I can't help but think that when tragedy hits, it feels like it hits at our weakest moment, or at the most important part of us. To us, there doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason when it does hit. It comes out of nowhere and pummels us. And yet, we get back up. Sometimes to be knocked down again, sometimes to look back and say I came through that, sometimes to show someone else that there is another side to this tragedy. Nonetheless, we get back up.
It's amazing-astounding-encouraging to me to watch those I know and love get back up after tragedy. It may take them time, it may take them lots of time, but they do. I can't pinpoint how or why or where they will get back up, but they do. It's in that moment that I am reminded just how awesome these people are, we all are.
To all of those whom I love and cherish and have gone through, are currently walking in, or are at the beginning of a long road we all know as tragedy...I know you will get through this, I know you will come through stronger and better, I know you will stand again!

No comments:

Post a Comment