Friday, August 19, 2011

Zephania 3:17

"The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."

I have this verse tattooed on my wrist (my mom hates that!). I chose this verse for my son while he was in the hospital. Every day he was there I prayed this verse over him. When he entered the NICU, my mom gave me a small journal to write each day in. She told me that I would look back on the pages of the journal and I would want to remember that time; the good, the bad and the ugly. This verse was a theme throughout. I needed something/someone bigger than me or all the doctors to save him. Little did I know that when I chose this verse it would end up being such a big part of my life.
The Lord your God is with you. When I am crying alone on the freeway driving home from the hospital. When I am sitting with my baby boy AT HOME, fully recovered and whole. When I am searching for answers and think there are none. When I am all alone. When there does not seem to be an end in sight. He is with me.
He is mighty to save. Thank God. He not only saves, but He is mighty. When I needed Him to be mighty and save Ethan. When I need Him to pick me up because I cannot stand on my own. He is mighty and He saves. Thank God.
He takes great delight in me. Even when there are other people who want to destroy and take the delight away, He delights in me!
He will quiet me with His spirit. Ok, this one gets me. When I get nervous, scared, unsure, I go from 0 to 60 in a split second. I go from one extreme to the next and there is no stopping in sight. He will quiet me. He will gently whisper, "Slow your roll, chica!". This is usually done through my mom! However it happens, He does. He gives me answers and quiets me.
He rejoices over me. Even when I have the worst idea of myself and think I cannot continue, He rejoices over me.
I love this verse. Life has and will be a roller coaster, but man.....My God is Mighty to Save!!

No comments:

Post a Comment